Friday, August 29, 2008

Darrell Catchings Meet Cameron Colvin

What is it with football players from the Oregon universities not being able to hang on to the football near the goal line at the end of the game?

I distinctly remember when Cameron Colvin's fumble gave Cal its first win at Autzen Stadium in 20 years (I was there, covering the game for the Daily Cal).

And then watching Darrell Catchings fuck up last night, fumbling the football into the end zone a la Colvin, giving Stanford a win just reminded me of that glorious day last September. (Note: I've tried to find video of Catchings fumbling the ball, but I have failed to no avail. I guess no one in the YouTube world cares about an Oregon State/Stanford football matchup).

But this is what the Card's win over the Beavers says about both teams: they both still suck. What about Oregon State being the dark horse in the Pac-10? Forget about. After next weekend, might as well be over.

And how about this for Stanford? For at least one week, the Card will be atop the Pac-10 standings for the first time in, I don't know, seven years?

Who would of thought?

No comments: